Monday, January 30, 2012

OMG! I'm back!

We'll see how long this lasts.

I haven't blogged in so very long. It's not that I don't have interesting things happening in my life. It's that most of the things I want to blog about, I don't feel comfortable blogging about. It's important to me to honor my patients' and coworkers' privacy, and I don't feel that de-identifying people when blogging about them is enough to protect them.

And so I don't blog about them.

What I need to do, though, is spend more time contemplating all the other things in my life. Mr.E (mystery!) and I have been married for OMG going on TWO YEARS and he makes me laugh like, all the time, and why don't I blog about that?? Or the movies we watched on our day off? Or the red lentil soup recipe I love so much?? Or the fact that I might have decided to become a pediatric intensivist? Did you know I want to be a pediatric intensivist??

And so, I'm back, and I'm pretty sure I have no audience left, but here we go: Hello, again.

Since my last post I put on like, 5 pounds, all in my midsection. Mystery and I are on yet another fitness kick. We're challenging each other, Biggest Loser style. To hold ourselves accountable, I'm going to record our progress here each week.

Monday, 1/30/12
  • Jess: 100% of starting weight
  • Eric: 100% of starting weight
Whoever wins each week gets some kind of prize. I really want it to be a pint of Coffee Heath Bar Crunch Ben & Jerry's ice cream, but that kind of defeats the purpose, so for now it shall be bragging rights. If you want to join our challenge, please do!!!

No comments: