Thursday, April 07, 2011

Me, the Bear

Welcome back, me!!

I decided to start blogging again. I've been reading great doctor blogs and realized ... maybe I can do it, too! Maybe I can be introspective and witty and contemplative and interesting, all without sounding like a whiny little f*ck or compromising patient privacy!

So here we go!
-----------------

I have 2 months of intern year left, followed by over 3 weeks of VACATION (more on this later). This means I'm being propelled as fast as momentum can carry me, steeply inclined down, down, whoa-slow-down down! to the base of the other side of the VERY LARGE mountain called INTERN YEAR. Boy, what a slope! It feels great to be here, but I'm like the bear. You know, the bear. The one who climbed over the mountain, (who climbed over the mountain, the bear climbed over the mounta-in?)... to find another one in her way. Oi. Second year (and third, and whatever may come after), here we go.

It's a good thing I like hiking?

Especially since the end of my year is filled with the 2 hardest rotations. But one thing I've learned this year - or maybe I knew it already, maybe it was just reinforced - is that I actually don't like "easy" "boring" things. Which probably explains why, after all these months, I consider myself one of the happy ones. Of all the people I went to school with, of all the people I work with, I can honestly say it:

I can't imagine being happier doing anything else.

And isn't that what everyone's looking for?

No comments: