Saturday, November 06, 2010

I'm Alive!

...just really, really sleepy!!!

Last month we, the intern class, got to go on a 3-day Intern Retreat near Gettysburg, PA. The senior residents covered all of our shifts as we listened to lectures on learning/teaching/being a resident. We also got to go on a ropes course and then climb a rock wall. It was blissful - since we cover each others' shifts on days off, it's hard to spend time with multiple co-interns on any given day. And we literally never get to hang out as a class.


It's weird how you can work 70-80 hours a week for 4 months straight and feel like that's okay... and then get a teeny tiny little glimpse of normal life and suddenly become extraordinarily tired. For the following 2 weeks I took the last part of my Boards (the 2-day Step 3) and then worked 8 ER shifts without a weekend, and had some serious dread going into each and every shift.

But in 2 months I get my first vacation block of the year (I'm the last intern to get a vacation block!) - it's off on a Kim Family Cruise to the Caribbean! And going into 2 months of more normal hours (6a-6p as opposed to 5p-6a) I'm feeling a tiny surge of re-energy (re-energization?). Bring it on!

Happy end of Daylight Savings!!

No comments: