Monday, May 03, 2010

We Did It!

Half marathon - check!

Eric & I ran the Pittsburgh half marathon yesterday. We like to think that together, we ran a full marathon. Hee. We woke up at 5am and made our sleepy way downtown, where we ate breakfast in the car and putzed away the time until about 7:05, when we got in line to use the port-a-potties and nearly missed the start at 7:30. But no matter, we were way at the back of the start, so we didn't cross the start line until 7:45 anyway.

We ran and ran and ran. It was rainy, which I loved. We crossed over 5 bridges and all 3 rivers during a pleasant 13.1 mile run. I felt great - never really got tired or out of breath, and my upper body didn't get achy the way it sometimes does during long runs. At 13 miles I felt like I could easily run 5 more (but no full marathons for me, no thanks).

Our time? 129:07

Philly half marathon in November, anyone? I'd like to do it in less than 2 hours. Let's train!

1 comment:

The Owl Archimedes said...

Wow, you make running a half-marathon sound like a frolic in the meadows!

Do your knees get stiff after long runs too, or is that just me being all weak in the knees? Didn't have the achy upper body problem, but my hands got numb toward the end.

Hoa's doing the Philly marathon. As much as I LOVE the goodie bag at the end of the race, I think I'll lay off for now. Do you get Philly soft pretzels in Pittsburgh races?

Oh, and you know what really really looks like roaches? The honey-roasted pecans from Di Bruno's. Ew! I told Sarah this once, and she no longer eats them.