Friday, April 16, 2010

Eeeeek!!!

There are only 44 days left 'til the wedding!
That's like, not very many!

The RSVP postcards have been steadily coming in... I've gotten 2-4 every day. I LOVE getting these in the mail. Seriously! Every day, I wait for that tell-tale sound of the mail carrier dropping the mail through the door slot (sliiide...BANG!), and after I know he's gone (can't scare him can I now), I run downstairs and gather the mail. I go through the other mail before I let myself see who's responded. I haven't been this mail-responsive since April 2001, when college admissions started coming back!

I LOVE reading what people have written in the comment box. Some people have written a perfunctory note; I imagine these are the people who always follow instructions and therefore feel obligated to write something, anything, and so write "see you soon", or something to that effect. Then there are the people who draw pictures (e.g. An and Sarah), and people who write nice loving notes about marriage and love.

There are people who write funny things:

Eric, great job on the invitations, beautiful color scheme
- bridesmaid's boyfriend. I seriously laughed out loud when I read his note.

There are the international folk who have clearly painstakingly looked up words in the dictionary and write the most awesome things:

I want your fine wedding and happyness -uncle in Japan

And then there are the people who leave it blank (what's up with that, yo?).

I also find strange enjoyment in seeing what people are going to eat. For some people it's like, oh of course, they're totally health conscious so would choose fish/vegetarian. For others it's like, what? that meat-lover is eating eggplant crepe? (ahem, Sarah!). There are couples in which both individuals decided to eat the same thing. Wouldn't you rather choose 2 things and share? Spice up your life with a little variety?

But anyhow, I digress. These are the little golden moments of my days. :)

The tally so far, with 44 days left til the wedding, and 13 left until the "kindly reply by" date:
NO: 14 parties (28 people)
YES: 45 parties (76 people)
No response: 40 parties (83 people)

I'm so excited to see everyone!

1 comment:

sarahsookyung said...

Yeah, weird right? It was a spontaneous decision, plus I couldn't decide on which meat sounded better.

Speaking of eggplant,last week, Angie and I made a delicious impromptu eggplant dish that turned into chili when I discovered canned kidney beans and tomato paste in the cupboard. Drooool.